Financial and investment recruitment firm GoBuyside has published an article on online resource the Daily Forex Report, listing seven problems that affect contemporary investment management firms in the recruitment market and undercut their efforts to quickly, efficiently and effectively recruit specialized talent into their workforce.. The article also details solutions designed to counteract these pressing problems, to the benefit of the firm’s recruitment efforts. Learn more about GoBuyside’s founder at Interview.net.
— GoBuyside (@gobuyside) June 14, 2018
GoBuyside specializes in recruitment for financial and investment sector organizations, including private equity firms, investment management firms and hedge funds. Founded in 2011, GoBuyside has successfully closed over 2000 personnel searches, utilizing a network that encompasses over 10,000 persons. The firm boasts over 400 clients – including Fortune 500 companies – in 500 cities across sixteen countries, and is widely regarded as one of the world’s premier specialized recruiting firms.
The article raised numerous pressing issues, including:
– The competition for specialized talent across numerous industries, many of which have little to nothing to do with finance; IT specialists, being a prime example.
– Current networking difficulties born from growing distrust of social media and the difficulties involved in using social media to convert prospective hires to new employees.
– The need for balance between diversity and inclusiveness; diversity in a workforce is of no use if the employees are not a provided with access to the same opportunities to succeed and ascend the corporate ladder
– Disruptive technologies, which render traditional methods of recruitment obsolete and force investment management firms to constantly adapt in order to remain competitive in the recruitment market.
– Constantly shifting skill requirements that has to be taken into account during recruitment, meaning that the required skill set for prospective hires constantly expands, while current employees regularly undergo retraining.
– Governmental regulation on a local and global level, which could serve as a deterrent for prospective hires.
– The constant push-and-pull between the need to compete effectively in the recruitment market while working to ensure that recruitment costs remain low. Follow GoBuyside on Facebook.
To read the full article, and learn GoBuyside’s proposed solutions for each of these pressing issues, click here.